Friday, September 14, 2007

Giuliani's "Secret Weapon"


Giving a speech before the sheriffs of Louisiana, Mayor Giuliani revealed a secret weapon he plans on using in the general election, NBC reports.

""I have a letter -- I keep it at home. It's a letter from President Clinton, congratulating me for all of my efforts and saying something like the crime bill couldn't have been passed if it weren't for me. I keep this letter; I'm going to use it at the right moment... You can imagine when."

This all goes to Rudy's proposition that he's the candidate in the best position to appeal to moderates and defeat whatever Democrat gets the nomination (read: Hillary Clinton).

Remember, Giuliani was something of a Clinton ally in the 1990s. He was a tough Republican mayor with a liberal constituency who openly endorsed Democrats. In many ways he followed Bill Clinton's policy of "triangulation," the third way between traditionally conservative and liberal views.

No comments: