Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quote of the Day 11/6

"Our production will stop in the next couple of days because we will stop writing. The strike lasted five months the last time . . . this could be that long."

- Tina Fey writer, star and executive producer of 30 Rock to CNN yesterday on the picket line. If this strike interrupts my programs I am going to be pissed. Last night, late night programming went into unexpected reruns with Letterman, Leno, Conan, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Late Late Show, and Jimmy Kimmel Live all repeating.

In a show of solidarity with his staff, Daily Show host Jon Stewart (a former TV writer), will pay the Daily Show and Colbert Report writing teams out of pocket for the next two weeks.

Barack Obama also weighed in on the strike: "I stand with the writers," Obama said in a statement. "I urge the producers to work with the writers so that everyone can get back to work."

So here's a shout out to Liz Lemon (my future ex-wife)... the letter Dennis gave her after she broke up with him, the perfect speech for a guy with a broken heart:

Dear Liz Lemon:

While other women have bigger boobs than you, no woman has as big a heart. When I saw you getting ready to go out and get nailed by a bunch of guys last night, I knew for sure it was over between us. And for the first time since the '86 World Series, I cried. I cried like a big dumb homo. And if it was up to me, we would be together forever. But there's a new thing called "women's liberation" which gives you women the right to choose and you have chosen to abort me, and that I must live with. So tonight when you arrive home, I will be gone.

I officially renounce my squatter's rights.

I'll always love you. Goodbye and good luck. I'll never forget you.

No comments: